Chitika

Friday, June 27, 2014

Promoting My Web Site Post


I embarked on separate poverty related blogs today. All of these blogs had their own personalized styles and themes to it. I tried to pull the similarities between these blogs, and also took note of the differences. I did this because I aimed to better understand my own style of writing, and to see if any other poverty activists had relations to me in their writings. To my delight, I found that though, each of these blogs were quite different in some ways, they all had one derived purpose, which was to pass their intended message to their readers, in the best way that they could. This made me feel comfortable that my web site posts were worth sharing with other bloggers, and even worth being promoted. 

I emailed three different bloggers, in an hope for them to promote my web site post. I am still waiting on their responses, but I have learnt a thing or two from this process. My first paragraph illustrates what I believe is the most important thing that I learnt from this exercise. I learnt that blogging is a process. Though, it might take a while for a regular or mediocre blogger to gain the necessary experience required or the expertise to be a successful blogger, being honest to your readers and striving to be as unbiased as possible is a start. It is always good to realize that some people might have opposing views. Understanding their stand point and making it known allows them to welcome you better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment