Chitika

Friday, June 27, 2014

Promote A Post

I shadowed two blogs that I presumed will be interested in promoting my blog, and that I was also highly interested in. I took my time in going through their blogs, and tried to undertand their perspectives of poverty. I tried to get to know them, through their styles of posting and through their response to readers comments. I also read their individual about me posts, to gain some background information on them. After doing all of these, I emailed both bloggers, introducing myself to them, letting the know of my purpose as a blogger. Of these two bloggers, one of them responded, while the other one I emailed was to no avail.

Paul Thomas EdD, the faculty director of first year seminars, council historian NCTE at Furman university, responded to my email, letting me know that he was going to review the post I intended on promoting, and also my blog in general. After he reviewed my post, he responded to my email, letting me know of my blog's potential and also how to improve on it. Though, he did not mention promoting my post, he gave me ideas on authors  that have writing about poverty eradication, and the specific books to look for.

Although, my main purpose of contacting Prof. Paul was not achieved, I have learnt something new on how to go about posting the most relevant issues on my blog. Also, through his blog, I have seen from a professional perspective, how to effectively respond to one's readers comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment