Chitika

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Link Post

Of all the articles that I read on eradicating child poverty, the one that I felt that directly spoke to me was that of Austin Nicholas. He wrote on the eradication of child poverty, and its effects on the economy and the nation as a while. I wrote a list post, conforming from his points on children poverty eradication, on my blog.

In writing my list post, I made sure I stayed on track with Austin's points, not because I was short of what to write, but because while reading his article, it was as though I wrote it myself; his writing was one of my thoughts and believes on poverty eradication. I listed what he attributed to be the causes of poverty (in the United States) and its effects on the economy. Generally, in writing list posts, one is to add other points. But while writing my list post, I realized that Austin said pretty much all that there was to say about the start of poverty eradication. Though, I added to his points, I believe knowing the history of poverty, its present effects, and its possible effects/consequences on the future, is a gigantic step in eradicating poverty.

For a person that has read a lot of different articles on poverty, I presumed I knew most of what there is to know about poverty. But in reading Austin's article, I realized that I am still an amateur. I knew quite of the history of poverty, but I was unknowledgeable of the reason behind it. I also realized that the reason and history of poverty is different for many countries, and knowing one country's history does not necessary indicate your knowledge of other countries' histories. The comments generated by Austin's post shows that other readers connected with his article as well. I included a link to the actual post for the benefits of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment